Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day Three Hundred Forty Two...

I had lunch this afternoon with Carrie and Margaret. We went next door to El Mercado, I had my usual (the number 5 special), chicken enchiladas, rice and refried beans. Pretty good. I actually think the best thing about lunch was the chips and salsa. Tonight for dinner, Jody is making tamales (okay not really making, more like heating up). AND more beans, so there may be issues later. I know we are just a few weeks away from Christmas, but it is seemingly too busy for Christmas. Too much stuff going on for the Holiday. We actually do have a tree up on the front porch. After the winds, and the tree falling over, we waited until last weekend to try and upright it again. It has been upright for about four days now, and I hope my 'new and improved' anchoring system will last for a while at least. The tree in this photo is in the back dining room at El Mercado. I told Carrie and Margaret I needed a photo for the blog, and they were not interested. See what happens when you have unwilling lunch mates?

Today was a busy day...Carrie and River were back in the office, but Tom was sick today. He sounded horrible this morning, and I know he got some extra sleep. I had called him to ask a question, and he IM'd me about 11:30 and said he had just wakened and what did I need. I was good by then, and told him to keep resting so he would feel better.

Tomorrow I have a Professional Standards hearing, then early afternoon the last meeting of the Professional Development and Education Meeting of the year. Both functions are at the Board of REALTORS. The Education meeting is a pot luck affair, which also means I need to come up with something to bring...I guess it will be whatever is quick and already prepared when I get to the HEB on the way in in the morning. I hope it will be something good!

There is sunshine in the forecast for tomorrow as well. That will be a switch form what we have been experiencing for about the last week. It has been really gloomy, gray and foggy for the past week of so, and unseasonably cold. I am ready for some more moderate temperatures.

Gotta go for now. Done for today. Deeds, Kindness, Actions, Changes, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment