Monday, December 28, 2009

Day Three Hundred Sixty Two...

After I finished my post yesterday, Hubert came over and raked the hay that he had cut the day before, and after that, he came back and baled what he had raked. We ended up with four more bales of hay, and there is still some of the front pasture that needs to be cut. We are supposed to have rain starting tomorrow, so he wanted to get what he had cut baled. That is where the old 'Make Hay While the Sun Shines' thing came from. If you cut the hay, and then it rains before you bale it, it can ruin the nutrition value of the hay. I think...but I am not sure...Whatever... Anyway, I am always fascinated by how things work, so whenever I saw Hubert heading back to the pasture, I got on the Mule and just sat out there and watched. Incredible machinery is required to make a farm go, and it always amazes me that someone could invent a mechanical process to make a bale of hay. Round bales are now all the norm, I could maybe understand the concept of square bales, but round bales still make me scratch my head. I know it is most likely a really simple process, but I still don't get it.

Carrie and Pat and I went to lunch this afternoon and we went to Dan's Porch (I am not sure that is the name of it). I had the chicken fried chicken, and it was superb! Along with 'smashed' potatoes and creamed spinach, it was all delicious, and, even though I could have easily eaten the whole thing, I maintained a little bit of control and brought half the chicken and about a third each of the sides back to the office to have tomorrow. I have NO ISSUES with left-overs, I think they are often better (aged) than the first go 'round! Now, this is the same place I wrote about a couple weeks ago and Tom and I went there for lunch. The food is very good (although the chicken and dumplings I had the last time were not great) but the service has just not kept up with the food. I even think we had the same wait person today that we had the last time I was there. Poor, poor service...but I will go back, and hopefully the service will improve. I would really like Jody to go there, maybe one day this weekend!

After lunch, I had some errands to run, and I wanted to get some office supplies to TRY and get my home office better organized for the New Year. I got what I need, so I am going to hide (I mean organize) a lot of stuff, and at least I hope to be able to see the top of my desk by the end of the night.

I had my doctors appointment late this afternoon, and I have been relieved of the 'Ted Hose' and most of the wrapping. I am still supposed to wear the ace bandage, AND I can now take a shower. YOU should ALL be thrilled about that! I am not supposed to actually SOAK the leg, but showering is okay. AND the tape and stitches are supposed to just fall off/out on their own, so that will be interesting to witness. THEN I am supposed to have a little bit of physical therapy (he said two or three times should do it), and I have another appointment on the 15th of January. TAX DAY!

Traffic going home tonight was MUCH WORSE than the breeze it was going in this morning. BUT, I made it, and no real issues, just stop-and-go for a LONG way. Once I got home, I went out to the two pastures the cattle have access to and turned the water off to the troughs. I will go back out in the morning and turn them on again. We are only supposed to have a light freeze tonight, but I would rather be safe than sorry. It is not a bit of trouble to take care of the needs of the cattle, and I enjoy doing it. FUN!

I think we are having leftovers tonight for dinner, so it is pretty much time to clean out the refrigerators (we have three), and get ready for the New Year. Then it will be organizing time in the office, and off to bed.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, Kindnesses, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment