Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day Three Hundred Forty...

Not my photo, but this is pretty much what it has looked like all day long. Well, rain again...fog...mist...chill...shivers...lots of words for it, but basically, it has not been a fit day out for man nor beast. It was dark for a long time this morning, all the clouds kept the daybreak from happening. It was still dark after 7 o'clock this morning. I was really glad that I fed the cattle and put the fresh bale of hay out for them yesterday. It would have been a real mess if I had waited until today. It was not as cold last night as the night before, but still, not what we are used to around here. The cannas are looking even worse today than they did yesterday, and they will be ready for chopping down probably by next weekend. They need to got a good bit of rot on them (kind of a compaction) before I get out there with the hedge clippers. And there is mud everywhere. So far, we have probably had about a quarter inch of rain today...just enough to make things icky outside.

Jody and I went into Austin this morning, a trip to the Container Store, and a trip to Sprouts in Round Rock, and to the HEB in Georgetown. After we got home, Jody fixed me a pimento cheese sandwich, and after that Jody laid down for a nap, and I turned on the television and watched a marathon of 'Hoarders' on the A&E channel. After that, I kind of was in the mood for a little bit of house cleaning, but I soon got out of the mood. I think one of the first signs of hoarding might be knowing that there is something in that stack of mail that you want/need/must pay and you know it is there somewhere, but you just can't find it. Whatever... Anyway, that OCD of hoarding is a fascinating and awful disease. I don't think I have anything to worry about, I am really not that attached to much of anything that I have, and I am always ready to start over. I really don't see any need for 67 cats running around the house.

We are heading out to the Catfish Parlour for dinner tonight. I am still on a quest for some good fried shrimp, and that is about the only place I know for certain that I can get it. One of these days I will get it at the Filling Station, but for now, it will be Catfish Parlour.

A long time but recently not heard from old friend of mine friended me on FaceBook, so if you are happening to read this, I am happy about that David! I look forward to catching up with you.

Tomorrow will be another day of teaching at the Board, and I spent some time this morning reviewing for those classes. The rest of the week will be pretty quiet I hope. I have an Ethics hearing to chair on Wednesday (and one more on the 14th, and I think that will be the end of those), and a function to attend on Friday night. Next week will be pretty calm, too. A doctors appointment later that same afternoon, a small claims court hearing the next day, a Christmas Party Luncheon the next day...tis the season. I think the knee surgery on the 22nd will pretty much finish up my business for a while...it will be mostly coasting through the rest of the Holidays after that, although I am not really expecting any challenges with the surgery. I think it is pretty common these days, and a day or two of convalescence should do it.

Deeds, Kindnesses, Changes, Actions, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment