Sunday, May 30, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Fifty...

Can you believe this is already the 150th day of the year? AND it is Memorial Day Weekend, it is the beginning of the downhill slide to Christmas and New Years! Where has the time gone? Well, to tell you the truth, today was one of the best days I have had in a long time. I had a WHOLE DAY OFF today, there were a couple of telephone calls that I did not answer, but otherwise, it was just a day for my and Jody to do what we wanted to do. That meant I cut about 2 or 3 acres of grass, repositioned the weather station I got us a couple weeks ago, finished the chickens nesting boxes, made their screened in pen a little bit more secure, did a whole lot of this-and-that, and overall just had a great time.

The chicks are really getting big, and they really like being outside of their coop. Who could blame them? I would prefer a nice screened in patio to a hot coop too if I were given the option. We have put a couple tree limbs in the coop and in the screened in area, and they are taking right to the theory of roosting. They are thinking they are pretty darn lucky chickens. I heard one of them telling the other that they had two-daddies. Whatever! Anyway, they are a lot of fun to watch, and that is what it is all about.

The cactus suffered during the extremely cold winter we had last year, but they are coming back nicely. These have almost bloomed out, and I came close to not even noticing the blooms. Cactus flowers always remind me of the old Goldie Hawn movie. Tomorrow I think I am going to cut down a dead tree that we had kind of been trying to nurse along for the last couple years, but it finally gave up the ghost. We kept cutting back dead parts of the tree, and now the whole thing is dead. We REALLY NEED RAIN, and things are beginning once again to suffer from the lack of rain. It looks like we might have a little chance of rain this week coming, hope so.

AND tomorrow I will also feed the cattle and take a fresh bale of hay out to them. Later on in the day, I am expecting that I will need to go into Austin to take care of a few little real estate issues, nothing major, just tying up some loose ends. Life is good!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NESTING BOXES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment