Tuesday, May 11, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Thirty One...

I spent the better part of my morning smushing little gnats and buggers against the windshield of my car. I am not sure how it happened, but there was a whole army of little bitty pesky flying bugs in my car this morning, and they all decided (about two-at-a-time) that they wanted out, and they were not intelligent enough to escape through the open windows. SO, I kind of amused myself with a little game of smushing them with my thumb or sometimes my whole hand. It was somewhat a sense of accomplishment, but at the same time, each little smush made it just that much more difficult to see out the windshield. Another example of unintended consequences. When will I ever learn?

Spent the day working mostly in the office, entering listings into the computer, following up with calls. Doing homework for the Leader's Choice classes that I have enrolled in. Good stuff! By mid-morning, it was time for all of us to head out to EL CHILE for lunch, where we were celebrating birthdays and anniversaries of our agents and staff. Very good food, service left something to be desired, and that went right along with the attitude of our wait person. Poor.

We all got back to the office, and I sent out one listing agreement and I will have another to send out tomorrow morning. I hope I can get them both back by the end of business on Thursday, so they can be counted as my production for the week. We shall see.

I left the office at close to 3:30, and headed off to Taylor to buy my chicks. The chicken coop is coming along nicely and these six chicks will need at least two or three weeks before they will be able to go outside of the coop, and by then the coop out to be well completed. I actually think everything will be done by this weekend, but there is absolutely no rush, there is plenty of time. The six chicks have all been named, see what you think. Pauline, Irene, Abby, Diedre, Lynda and Bonnie. Perfect names for a bunch of chicks, don't you agree. I know their namesakes will all agree. I had wanted to get a rooster just to hear him in the mornings, but the Feed Store did not have any roosters. These are all supposed to be sexed, and there may be a male in the bunch, only time will tell.

Tomorrow is hump-day, and I am still not really all that prepared for it. Lots of work to be done, and it seems like I am getting busier and busier. No time to rest, but there is always the weekend.

Changes, Actions, Deeds, CHICKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment