Monday, May 31, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Fifty One...

Happy Memorial Day, and a BIG SHOUT OUT to all our service men and women, past, present and future. Thank you for everything you have done, are doing, and will do for us, and for preserving our Freedom.

Today was a great day. I got up and started doing things, as is pretty typical for me. First, I sprayed Round-Up (I actually hate chemical weed control, but there is a limit) on our pathways around the house. I did not do everything, I want to see how this works out first. Then I cut a tree down in the front yard, close to the house. We will use the tree for chicken roosts. Then I went out and fed the cattle, and decided to move them from one pasture to the other.

I even went so far as to move a fresh bale of hay to the pasture they were in, but then I decided to move the cattle. The pasture they were in had very little (if any) green grass in it, so I decided to move them to the other pasture that had some green grass in it, might as well let them get the green while they can. We really need rain. Little Mr. Chairman Moo (that is the name of the most recent calf) and one of the other young calfs decided they were not really ready to move when the rest of the cattle transferred, so I had to kind of herd them into the pasture with the Mule. Eventually I won out, and all was okay. I also had to clean the two water troughs, but that did not really take a long time, and all was (and is) good.

Jody and I went into town for a couple errands this afternoon, and stopped at the grocery on the way back, and at Tractor Supply, and at Dairy Queen for another spoiler. As we were coming down the road close to the house, they were out harvesting the wheat from the field around the corner from us. Interesting how things work and how machinery has changed things. AND, I don't think there are any really new machines, just improvements on old machines.

After a while, I decided to call the man (Vince) that I had ordered Jody's Anniversary present from. Just a little over two weeks and we will be celebrating our 18th Anniversary. Time Flies! Anyway, I went and picked up the present, and now I need to find someone to dig me a three foot hole, pour concrete in it, level up the pole and let it sit for two weeks. Here is a sneak-peek at the 'Air-Show'. It is really kind of hard to describe, so you will just need to stay tuned to see how this all works out. It will be interesting!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HARVESTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment