Sunday, May 23, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Forty Three...

It was a busy and productive day. I got up and read the meters and got the newspaper. Once Jody was awake, I went out and accosted the bees once again, and that only took a few minutes, but they were not happy, and I had to get back on the mule to escape them. Having done that, I went out and hauled 15 bales of hay from the far back field up to the storage area next to one of the front pastures. AND THEN, I came inside,had a cup of yogurt, and got in the shower to get ready for my appointment in Austin. This is a photo of the cattle after I opened the back pasture up to them. Twelve out of 13 is not too bad...the only one missing is Doodle Bug, she was the first to get back into the far pasture.

I left the farm about 10 o'clock, and got into the office just before 11, and my appointment was at 11. We looked at five houses, and my Buyer clients decided to make a contract offer on one of the houses, and we will see how that goes. A good offer, and I am hoping (for all parties) that we can get the contract negotiated by about Tuesday (at the latest) and get ready for inspections and things like that.

When I got home, I went out to tend to the chicks, swept their coop out a little bit, and took a bale of hay out to the cattle. They are not particularly interested in the hay since they have o much good grass to eat, but I want them to have it if they want it. OKAY, WE REALLY NEED RAIN! There, I have said it. The hay has been cut, baled and haled, so now we could afford some rain. A nice steady drizzle for about a day or two would be just great.

Tomorrow is the beginning of another work-week, and I am already looking forward to the long three-day Memorial Day Weekend. I feel like I am wishing my life away, but I am really ready for the long weekend.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CONTRACTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment