Thursday, May 20, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Forty...

HEY! It's HAY! Pardon me for my enthusiasm, but Hubert and Pauline cut hay yesterday and they raked and are baling today. I think by the end of the day we will have at least 30 bales, and probably end up with 40 to 45 bales all together by the time they are finished. We got 46 bales in our first cutting last year, and I hope we will have more than that this time. We shall see. After we get everything baled (and getting the bales moved would be nice, also) then I give my permission for it to rain. I have been hoping the rain would wait for a little while, but now it is okay for it to rain.

It is late, and I kind of kidnapped Jody to go back to the back pasture to watch Hubert bale the hay. I am fascinated with all that stuff, and I think the technology of the farm equipment is equally fascinating. So, as we were getting ready to leave, Pauline and her grandson Sterling arrived, and I got distracted again, and we were just talking about stuff, and I think Jody was ready to get back to the house. ANYWAY...I am just like a big kid (a really BIG KID) when it comes to the farm stuff. When I was a little kid, I was perfectly content to just stand and look out the window. There needn't be anything to look at, I could just look and entertain myself.

So, class day tomorrow, and then I am looking forward to the weekend. I need to find a suitable house for my Buyer clients pretty darn soon, they need to be in a new place by the first of July. It is getting a little bit crazy!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HAY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment