Sunday, May 2, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Twenty Two...

A beautiful day in central Texas, even though it started out a little bit chilly with even a VERY FEW sprinkles of rain. I got up earlier than I wanted to, but I was on a mission to get the other two hives worked this morning. I was making sugar syrup in the kitchen about 6:30 when Jody came walking in. The newspaper had not yet arrived, but we do not get too concerned on the weekends, our normal carrier needs a day off too! BUT, I do not think the substitute carrier was quite ready to see my walking down the driveway in my full beekeeper regalia just as the sun was coming up. Oh yeah, I was also pulling my little wagon along behind me too. She kind of gave me a hesitant wave, threw the paper, and sped back up the driveway to escape. Whatever... Anyway, the bees were all doing well, and I got their hives maintained and washed out their feeder trays, and gave them fresh syrup, so they should be good for another couple weeks now.

You can tell spring is here by certain things you seen around the area, and it never fails. This is a guaranteed sign that spring has arrived, when you see folks driving down IH-35 with trucks loaded WAY ABOVE CAPACITY and heading south. It is just one of those rites, kind of like your first kiss, or the first time you had a beer...just one of those things that you know means it is springtime in central Texas. You just know!

Anyway, I took that photo as I was heading into the office to get a little bit of work done, and show some properties to my buyer clients. We had a great time looking at properties, and they are a really nice couple. I think we all enjoy each others company, so that is always great.

By the time I got home, the gardeners had used four of the pallets of mulch and maybe two of the pallets of compost, and they expect they have two more weeks (they only come once a week) of work to do. I need to order four more pallets of mulch and two more pallets of compost, just to make sure we have enough. I think I will order the stuff on Wednesday, and have it delivered on Friday. That should work out.

I will be teaching classes for the next two days at the Board of REALTORS, and that will be a fun two days. I think it is a relatively small class, and that will be even more fun, a lot of good one-on-one instruction and plenty of time for everyone to get to know each other and get all their questions answered.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, OVERLOADS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment