Tuesday, May 25, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Forty Five...

I went to my first meeting of the Williamson County Area Beekeepers Association tonight in Georgetown. Quite a different group than the group I have been getting all my beekeeping information from up until now. I think this is a much more serious group of people, much more in tune with the amateur or hobbyist beekeeper, and much more natural or organically driven. The first part of the meeting was general information for 'beginners' and then there was a brief business meeting, and then there was a presentation about how to keep a particular (Verroa) mite from doing damage to your hives. I like anything that can be treated with powdered sugar. Who would have ever thought powdered sugar could 'do-in' a bee pest? Well, it's true. Anyway, they have meetings once a month, so I will see what happens in the future.

Another chaotic day technologically speaking, but it will end at some point, and I will go on to complaining bitterly about something new. We shall see...

The chicks stayed outside for most of the day today, although not totally free, they did stay in their 'run' outside the coop, and they seemed to take to it very nicely. I put them up before dark, and I am not sure what I will do tomorrow, since I will not be home until WAY after dark tomorrow.

Speaking of dark, I did not get home until almost 9:30 this evening, and I do not like that one little bit. AND there will be another repeat of that tomorrow, since I have an appointment that does not begin until 6 o'clock, and I am pretty sure it will run til about 9PM. Whatever.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BEEKEEPERS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment