Saturday, May 8, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Twenty Eight...

Man-o-Man-o-Man! Today was a busy day. I slept in until about 6:15 this morning, and got up and checked my phone, and there were two messages from the night before. Both were from the gardeners, saying they were planning to come early today, which was fine with us. We were expecting Gardeners and Miguel and one other guy. The gardeners to pull weeds and do the mulch and compost, Miguel to cut grass and general handy-man things around the house. Everyone showed up; we had another delivery of mulch and compost from Home Depot, and it is all used up (practically) and we are not buying any more. We figure we have used almost 800 bags of mulch and almost 400 bags of compost, and we are done with that for this year. Maybe more next year, but we are not sure.

First thing this morning, I moved the cattle troughs from one pasture into the pasture where the cattle are, and fed them and put a fresh bale of hay out for them. They are really not paying any attention to the hay because they have plenty of green grass, but I figured if I did not put the hay out there, they would go through it all by the middle of the week, and I would not feel like lugging hay out there after I got home from work on Wednesday or Thursday night. So, I took the bale of hay out there, and now they should be good for a while.

Then I went into Taylor to get some more cattle feed, since I had just fed them the last of the creep feed. On the way back, I stopped for a couple minutes at Tractor Supply to get a book about chicken coops. I am pretty darn close to getting a chicken coop installed, and to getting some chickens. Who knows? What will be will be. But if I am going to do it, I may need to do it pretty darn quick because chick season is just about to be over.

On the way back from Taylor, I stopped in Granger just to see what was going on on the movie set. They are filming a re-make of True Grit in Granger, and I had been by there about six weeks ago just to look, and I thought I would stop by again. All the streets are covered with mud (since I expect they did not have paved streets when this movie is supposed to be), and all the buildings are made up to look kind of old fashioned. I hope they do some sort of technical enhancements of the scenery, because everything just looks kind of fake. It will be interesting to see how it all looks in the movie. I have been told they finished filming a couple days ago, but there are still plenty of movie making gizmos hanging around. Lots of lighting things, cables, wires, all kinds of stuff.

Got home, and just kept on doing things. Everyone is coming back tomorrow, too!

Today was apex of the social season in our neighborhood, referred to as the 'Bartlett Triangle'. First of all, Michael and Abby were celebrating the first birthday of their son Jaxon, and we were invited to celebrate with them. They were also celebrating their house warming. They have built themselves a wonderful home just down and across the road from Michael's grandparents Hubert and Pauline. So we had a great time down their celebrating and eating brisket and cole slaw and beans and this and that. All very delicious.

THEN, our neighbors Irene and Randy were celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary today as well. Their actual anniversary date is April 24th, but the were celebrating it today. They had a craw fish, mud bug, shrimp boil and everything there was delicious as well. AND, they had some Czech desserts that were very good too. Needless to say, we are both stuffed and cannot hardly even consider that there will be any need to consume food for the rest of my life. I expect I will reconsider tomorrow.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PARTYING WITH NEIGHBORS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment