Tuesday, June 1, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Fifty Two...

Today's entry will be all about the Birds and the Bees. Okay, well, the Chicks and the Bees if you want to get all technical on me.

Today was a busy day at the office and there was lots of stuff to get done. We were all back after a three day weekend (which was wonderful) and there were people moving in and people moving out, so lots of chaos. I recommend a four day work week. I think we need to pass some sort of legislation. HOWEVER, it is the opinion of our Assistant Tom that the four day work week should always start on Monday so you will have something to look forward to. If you start the four day work week on Tuesday, then the best part has already happened, and there is nothing to look forward to. We also think we should begin beta-testing of the four day work week with at least one four day work week per month, and we can gradually work our way up to every week. I think that is a great plan.

Now to the birds and the bees. I got home and took a little snooze, and then I went out to check on the live stock. The cattle are moved to the pasture where there is no stock tank, so they are drinking sissified city water now, and the consumption is going through the roof (okay, well maybe not through the roof, but through some cow stomachs for sure). The chicks are doing wonderfully well, and I have been putting a little bit of greenery (fallen leaves) through the wire to them, and they grab that greenery and run with it, hotly chased by whichever chicks did not grab the leaf. I think I will take a little bit of lettuce out to them later on just to give them a treat.

The bees are busy out there as well. I am having some concerns about the hives from east to west. The hive furthest east on the property are really doing well, and the hives seem to have less activity the further west you go. Maybe it is just my imagination, but that is the way it seems to me. I will need to check the hives this weekend, and I will let you know if there is any scientific rationale to my observations at that time.

WE NEED RAIN! We have a slight chance for rain a few days this week, and the weather forecast is showing high temperatures in the 100's for three days later this week. THAT IS TOO SOON!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BIRDS & BEES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment