Tuesday, June 29, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Eighty...

What a beautiful sunrise this morning. A perfect way to start out the day. Today was another busy one, but beginning tomorrow afternoon, there should be a little bit of a decline in the activity. Made it to work with no problems, and for a lot of the morning I was reading the clock incorrectly (whatever) and finally I realized I was an hour ahead of myself. That was nice. I left the office at about 11:30 and headed to an appointment in FAR FAR north Round Rock...almost to the house. That appointment went well, and then I headed for another meeting at the Board of REALTORS. So, all in all a really pretty darn good day.

Call me Precipipus. PRECIPIPUS, far removed cousin of an equally tragic Greek named Oedipus. Yes, I am envious, but my envy is of rain. I have rain envy, and I am not ashamed to admit it. While I was at the Board of REALTORS, we had a break and I glanced outside and it was raining nicely. I called home, and Jody reported the patio had been dampened just ever so slightly, but it had dried up. Once the meeting was over, it was still raining in Austin, so I called Jody again to check, and still no rain. CRAZY! Parts of Austin got up to four inches of rain, and rain surrounded us here, but we were in the 'donut hole' and got no rain. CRAP!

This just in from the chicken-cam...nothing but a picture. Nothing really to report, I just like taking pictures of the chickens. Whatever...

After I was home for a little while, the phone rang and it was the Farmer's Market calling to see if we were home. NOT REALLY, you guys are so gullible. It was our neighbor Pauline calling to see if we were home so she could bring us some fresh vegetables and fruits (I guess peaches are fruits) from her garden. We are so lucky to be the recipients of this bounty of the county! Squash, tomatoes and peaches just harvested today. Everything is delicious and the peaches are just about as sweet as they can be!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PEACHES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment