Sunday, June 13, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Sixty Four...

By the time I had a chance to stop and look at this sunset, pretty much most of my day had been laid out FOR me, not really BY me. It seems that when I was shredding the grass in the fields yesterday, I ran over a water connection guard and broke the water pipe that provides water for the cattle. I check the gauges and meters every morning, and when I did it this morning, the water meter was spinning fast enough that I was wishing I had it hooked up to an electric generator. To make a long story less boring, we lost over 16,000 gallons of water overnight, and I hate that! I really hate it. It took until about 1 o'clock in the afternoon to get it fixed, and you would be surprised how many times you wish you had water flowing in the house during the day. We have some big bottles of water (3 gallon sizes) so we were not out of water, we were just out of the convenience.

I had a 10 o'clock appointment this morning, so I took a bath in the pool. Lovely! AND, my hair was stunning (at least that is the impression I had when the folks saw me; STUNNED). Anyway, everything worked out just fine, and everything is back to normal now. We still have a slight leak in the line (just a drip, really), and that will be taken care of later in the week. For now, though, all is good.

Before I took off for my appointment, I fed the cattle and took them a fresh bale of hay. They all seem to be doing well, but they were not really that happy that their supply of water was seemingly disappearing. Worst case scenario, I would have had to move them to the other pasture where the tank is, so they would have water. BUT, again, all is good now. This is a photo of 'Bambi', the heifer calf of Violet. She is a cutie-patootey!

Jody and I went into Georgetown and had a spoiler, and then we went to the Filling Station for dinner tonight. I am working to try and get some things caught up for the coming week; it is going to be a busy one! My real estate business is really taking off!

No comments:

Post a Comment