Friday, June 25, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Seventy Six...

Okay, today was my last session of the Leader's Choice classes that I signed up for a long time ago. Every Friday for nine weeks. Today was the graduation. Before I went to the class, I left the house early to go into the office and get some work done, and by 8:30 I was at the Board. I was the team leader for our team, which basically entailed a lot of coordination and paperwork; keeping track of weekly statistics and today totalling everything up for the course. In this photo, I was up to my ears in calculations, and Susan asked me if I had signed Mark's card. I looked up at her and said, well, who is Mark? Well, of course, Mark is the Instructor and the developer of the course, and I was just totally drawing a blank at that moment. Susan practically went into spasms of hysterical laughter, and it was catching, and pretty soon everyone on our team was laughing. You had to be there.

Our team was also fortunate enough (and worked really hard during the nine weeks) to be awarded with the Top Producing Team and Top Overall Production awards. Congratulations to everyone involved. I have met some wonderful people during this nine weeks, and look forward to long-term relationships with all of them. 5o people out of a membership of almost 10,000 is a pretty exclusive group or real estate professionals. Congratulations to all of the folks that attended and who made the commitment to their own individual successes.

Jody and Tonya and Patrick came out to take all the cattle to the vets today for their annual check-ups and vaccinations. All are reported be be in good health, and good for another year. Every year I try to give Patrick a calf for his college fund, and this year he has chosen Orchid's calf. In fact, he and the heifer calf (as of yet unnamed, but a possibility is JB Orchid's Image) are going off to camp next week. SO, Orchid and the calf are going to live in Bastrop for a while, Patrick and the calf will be going to camp, and then they will be reunited with their other play mates in a few weeks or a month. Not sure.

This just in from the chicken-cam. We like lettuce. I like the chickens, and they like the lettuce, so it all works for everyone involved!

Hopefully there will not be a lot of activity around the house over the weekend. We are having friends over for lunch on Sunday, and that will be pretty much of our entire planned (as of now) activity for the next two days. I am certain we will make it in to Dairy Queen for a spoiler or two. Most likely!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, COW CAMP, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment