Sunday, June 6, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Fifty Seven...

Well, this is the end of a wonderful weekend. Yesterday and today were both excellent days. Got lots of stuff done yesterday, and lots more today.

This morning started with me going out to feed the cattle. I had to move the troughs into the other pasture, and man it is really warm (okay HOT) and humid here. Today the temperature was about 93 degrees or so, but with the humidity added in, it felt like 103 degrees. That is crazy. Anyway, I got the troughs moved and put a fresh bale of hay out for them, and came back in the house and Jody had blueberry pancakes ready. This is a picture of the chairman (the newest calf) and his momma Doodle Bug. Mama and daddy are both black and white, I am not sure how he turned out to be brown and white.

I did a few minor things around the house, and cut the grass in the dogs yard, and then I went out to work the bees. No major traumas with the bees, but there is no evidence of any comb being built in the supers I put on there two weeks ago. Maybe they are just saving their strength up for later. After I worked the hives, I cut the grass around the hives, and it was all good. No angry bees, just a nice calm morning.

The chickens are doing well, but I thought they would start laying at about two months, and I found out last night they will start laying at 5 months. I am glad they have eggs at HEB!

Jody and I went into Georgetown and picked up a few things, and stopped at the Dairy Queen for a spoiler. Later on we did some work out on the patio and got it cleaned up and stored the pool chemicals and things in one of those RubberMaid things they sell at Home Depot. A nice little bit of accomplishment. I have been in the pool three or four times today...every time I got hot I jumped in the pool. PERFECT.

Dinner was at the Filling Station tonight, I had the catfish platter, Very good.

Busy week this week, nothing much on the schedule right now, but I am sure that will change!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CUT GRASS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment