Monday, June 14, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Sixty FIve...

I AM NOT COMPLAINING. I am just really, really busy. I have a very full week this week, and next week is relatively open. I just need to make it through this week.

Very busy day at the office, and tomorrow will be much of the same. I need to work on time management. My challenge is, long term planning is fine; everything is under control. It is the last minute things that cause me challenges. Things come up, and they need to be handled/addressed. And I am not really that good at saying no to people or business opportunities.

I achieved my goal for getting work done at home today, so Jody and I took a jump into the pool just to cool off. It is miserably hot here in central Texas. I went into a Subway Sandwich Shop for lunch today, and I swear it was about 150 degrees in there. No wonder the lettuce was wilted. After we had a bit in the pool, we went to the pastures to make sure the cattle had water, I am still a bit nervous about the water situation, after the leak last weekend. But all was good. We also went out and put the chickens up for the night, and went out to look at our peach tree. Lots of little peaches on the tree, all hard a rocks right now. Hopefully they will ripen before too long.

Annual things are blooming right about now. The Crepe Myrtle are really blooming nicely, and we have all colors. The solid white ones at the roadside are really pretty, and we have many different colors of red, pink, purple and lavender. Beautiful. The Roses of Sharon are also blooming now, and the blooms remind me of peonies from when I used to live up north. There are really a lot of northern plants and flowers that I kind of miss, but there is no way they would survive even one season down here. I miss Hollyhocks, too.

All is well, and it is not time to crash for the night.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BUSINESS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment