Thursday, June 24, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Seventy Five...

It looked promising for a little rain shower on the way home this afternoon. There was one REALLY intense lightning display, but that was all we got. Nothing but empty promises. Unfortunately, we generally hope that a tropical storm will come into the Gulf and bring rain up to us in central Texas, but we cannot hope for that this year, with all the oil in the Gulf. I think there will be references to 'a perfect storm' in the months to come, and one disaster will follow another and another. Hope not.

Today was my Meals-on-Wheels day, and I only had four clients on my route. Folks come and go, there is no rhyme or reason to it. I really like delivering Meals-on-Wheels, and it is a very rewarding experience for me.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. It is our last session of the Leader's Choice program, the final of the nine week course. In some ways it seems like it all went by very quickly, and in some ways it seems to have gone on-and-on. A very worthwhile set of classes for me, and I believe most of the participants. I have met a lot of nice REALTORS and colleagues, so it was great, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

Tomorrow is also the day the cattle will be taken into the vet for their shots, wormings, fly treatments, Bangs vaccinations and whatever else they might be needing. And the little boy cow is going to be turned into a soprano tomorrow as well. Little Dude!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NO RAIN (DAMMIT), Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment