Wednesday, June 23, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Seventy Four...

Well, another day, another day. I actually prefer another day, another dollar, but I will take what I can get.

Good news! Our friends Jody, Tanya and Patrick will be here on Friday to take all the cattle into the vet. Their annual check-up, shots and wormings, and fly control. Yippee! Unfortunately, I will not be here to help, but hopefully I will be here when they all get back. Friday is my last session of the Leader's Choice program, so I cannot (repeat CANNOT) miss that. So, this afternoon, okay this evening, I went out into the back pasture where all the cattle are and took photos to help Jody identify cow-calf pairs. It was not nearly as much trouble as I expected it was going to be. I think there is only one bull-calf, and he is going to be 'banded' on Friday, so that is always an interesting process. I love the life on a farm. I really and truly wish I had started this life several years ago. This is a photo of Minnie Moonbeam and her (yet unnamed) heifer (I think) calf. Minnie has a nice set of horns for sure!

Two sets of meetings today, I attended one and a half of them. I conducted one, and stayed for part of the second. I am still swamped with work in the office, so I have to make the highest and best use of my time. Honestly, I say this every week, but I really hope that next week will be a better (and slower) week. I AM NOT COMPLAINING!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, COW PHOTOS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment