Sunday, September 12, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Fifty Five...

Another great day in Galveston at the Texas Association of REALTORS convention. But first...

Not that I am complaining or anything, simple making statements of fact!

Everything started out wonderfully this morning. I attended the Inspiration Breakfast at 7 o'clock, and afterwards, there was a great meeting with representatives from Region 15. Good information. After that there was a great class called 'Strictly Business Body Language'. I think you should do an Internet search for the Instructor, Jan Hargrave. Very interesting, and a very quick two hours. Learned lots of stuff about how to tell if people are being 'less than forthcoming' (which is code for how to tell if people are lying to you). Ms Hargrave is an expert witness on reading body language, and one of her specialties is interpreting body language of persons on television, to tell is they are trying to deceive with their answers. Really a great class. Not what I expected the class to be, but sometimes the most interesting stuff is taken from things I was not expecting.

After that I went back to the Hotel and took a nice little nap for about an hour. I had a 2:30 meeting, and I was conscious in time for lunch, which I could not have served in the Hotel...not that I did not try, I just could not get waited on, even though I was sitting in the middle of the room. They seemed eager to serve other tables that arrived after I was seated, but I was just not on their radar.

The same thing happened to me at the Kroger store next door. Everyone was too busy gossipping and doing other stuff to notice that I was trying to pay for a pimento cheese sandwich, a 20 ounce coke and a piece of Key Lime Pie. Eventually, I coerced someone to take my money, and sat and ate. Here is a shot of part of the Key Lime Pie. Not really worth all the trouble. Whatever...

The 2:30 Board of Directors meeting was very informative, and at 5:30 a group of us retired to the Hotel for a glass of wine before dinner.

Dinner was really a very nice function, and a lot of fun was had by all. There were lots of photo opportunities, and lots of giggles and really good laughs and great times. This is a photo of me and my friend and colleague Cathy.

There are lots of other photos, but too many to share as a part of this post, however, I will share one more with you. This is a photo of Susan and John, two people I have come to know pretty well over the past year. I look forward to working with them both for many years to come.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GOOD TIMES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment