Friday, September 10, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Fifty Three...

Well, here I am in Galveston, and I know you might find this hard to believe, but there are some things happening in this Hotel that perhaps I am being hyper-critical about. Let's see; first is the world's slowest Internet connection, for which I am paying $10 per day. Second, the desk chair is broken, so I am balancing this laptop on my generous stomach as I type this. Third, the soda machine will not accept dollar bills, so I have nothing to drink. Fourth, the television does not have the Home & Garden channel. What am I supposed to do if I cannot watch HGTV? I am sure I will think of others before I publish this post. Whatever...this is the view of the Gulf from my room. Pretty Sweet!

As I was leaving the house this morning on my way to Galveston, I noticed these blood lillies, also known as rain lillies. Very nice! I just wanted to share those with you.

I got to Galveston about 11:45, checked into the Hotel, and made it to my first meeting at 1 o'clock. In between meetings, I met some friends and had a glass of wine, and had lots of laughs. Before it over, I had attended four different meetings, and left to go back to the Hotel at about 6:45. I walked two doors down and had dinner with more friends, and it was a very nice evening meeting with trusted colleagues who I am very fortunate to also consider friends. I am a lucky, lucky person! This is as photo of Susan and Warren.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day, so this is it for now.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GALVESTON, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment