Monday, September 27, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Seventy...

Take my advice, eat the chimichanga for lunch, not for dinner. Although it was good (I even thought it was kind of bland) last night at dinner, I had a very bad case of heartburn (acid reflux) and that is not something I am used to. Name a malady, and I may have experienced it, but I have never had an issue with heartburn. Well, I have now! And it was not fun. It would most likely have been lessened if I had propped myself up or gone to sleep in my big blue chair, but I was too comfortable (okay, except for the heartburn part) to get up and change. I hope to catch up on the sleep I missed tonight.

I left for the office early, I needed to get into the office and then head for an early meeting at the Board. I finished my book on CD ('The Girl Who Played with Fire') and enjoyed it very much. I look forward to the other two I have ordered in that series. I began 'The Pillars of the Earth' by Ken Follett which is 32 CD's. I hope to finish that in a couple weeks. 32 CD's is kind of overwhelming to think about, but the book has been highly recommended, and I look forward to it. Have not yet finished the first CD, and it is pretty interesting, for a book about architecture that starts in 1120 AD.

When I got home, I went back to look at the cattle, to make sure they were all there and accounted for. I stopped at Tractor Supply on the way home and got some 'fence stays'; they are little twisty wires that go between the barbed wires to make them more stable and less pliable for little bull calfs that are stubborn and hard-headed and think the grass is greener on the other side. I continue to wonder if I am truly smarter than the cattle, or if they are just humoring me from day to day. Not really sure. This is a photo of Mr. Speckles and one of his girlfriends.

The chickens are doing well, got one egg today so far, but there may be another later. They are really fin, and they like the attention they get, and they like to be petted. One of them likes to be carried around. Interesting.

Tomorrow will be a day of meetings in the office; strategic planning and then meeting with the condo owners where our office is. Parking issues, what could be more fun than that?

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FENCE STAYS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment