Thursday, September 23, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Sixty Six...

NEWS FLASH - This just in from the chicken coop...right on schedule we got our first egg from these girls. They turned (about) five months old on Tuesday, and that is the age that they are supposed to start laying. Well, one of them did...the others must be laggards. It is hard to imagine that this egg came from some hole in one of those chickens. That must be some hole, that is all I can say. That is all I can say, because I have certainly not seen where that comes from on a chicken, not even a chart in a National Geographic! And goodness knows, I have seen plenty of charts in the National Geographic! (Insert joke about goodness having nothing to do with it here.)

I was in San Antonio today for a NARPM class. Lots of fun. My friend Leola met me at my office around 7 o'clock, and we drove down there together. Good and interesting class, and there was a lot of sharing of really good ideas. After the class, we had lunch, and stayed for the San Antonio Chapter meeting. Interestingly, the meeting was held in a place called 'The Aggie Hall' and they had a brick sidewalk, you know, the kind that you can buy a brick and have your name put on it... Well, I need to know what class this Aggie was from. I have heard the name, but I really can't place the face!

Made it back to Austin about 2:30, and got some stuff done in the office. Left the office just before 4, and got home before 5. Michael had come by to shred the pastures that he had put weed killer on earlier in the year. I went back there to talk with him for a while, and while I was back there, I noticed one of the calves was on the wrong side of the fence. So, Michael and I got the calf back with the other cattle, and I made a startling discovery. She is a He. Hmmmm. I need to become a little bit more observant!

Tomorrow is a pretty quiet day at the office, so far. I have an appointment to show a client some homes to purchase, and that will be a couple hours. Otherwise, just kind of winding down towards the weekend.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HE vs SHE COWS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment