Tuesday, September 14, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Fifty Seven...

I'm Home!

I got up early this morning and packed up most of my stuff and put it in the car, so I could make a fast getaway from the Convention and get back home. Usually as my time away from home drags on, I begin to conjure up ways to leave early. I like being at home more than I like being somewhere else. SO...I went to my first class which was a Roundtable for Brokers, Managers, etc., and I decided it was not what I expected it was going to be, so I changed my mind and went to another class calls 'The Art of Effective Communication', which turned out to be a very enjoyable class. It was (again) mostly about interpreting peoples body language, and much of the information was in direct conflict with the class I had taken two days ago. Whatever! BUT, I did win this really cool ink pen...a boxing frog that lights up when you write with it. Definitely worth the cost of admission, and I think I will take it to my next closing!

So, after that class, I went back to the Hotel and checked out, went to my room and checked e-mails one last time, made a few phone calls, put my bags in the car, and went back to the Convention Center for the Education Luncheon, hosted by the Lone Star CRS Chapter.

After the luncheon, I decided to forfeit the next class and come on home. If I had stayed for the class, I would have left Galveston at about 3:15 and that would have put me in Houston traffic right at a time that I would prefer NOT to be in Houston traffic. SO, everything worked out for the best, I am home and happy. I have only been to Galveston once before this visit, but this time I saw a totally different part of the Island, and I would not be opposed to going back. When Jody and I were there before, neither of us had any interest in returning. I was driving past this cemetery on the way out of town, and thought it was worth a photo.

It will be a busy week (what is left of it) and I will be cramming lots of work into the next several days.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CONVENTIONS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment