Wednesday, September 29, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Seventy Two...

I think the flora in the area may be just a little bit confused with the cooler weather we have been experiencing. Down on FM 972, there is a whole row of Bradford Pear Trees that are blooming as if it were spring. The crab-apple tree in our front yard has blooms on it. We do not have any Irises blooming that I am aware of, but the Cannas have a new vitality to them. This is one that is just off the front porch. I walked out on the porch this evening and Jody was out there with the dog. I told him I could not do my blog yet, because I had no current photos for the entry. He said I should try something new and not have any photos in today's entry; well, that was really nothing I could consider. I like having photos accompanying the entries! So, here are photos of a really pretty Canna and one of our dog 'Bear', whom I affectionately refer to as 'Bo-Bo'. He is a really good boy!

It was a long Directors meeting at the Board today, but a very productive one and a very good one. We all do a lot of hard work at those meetings, and there is a lot of thoughtful participation on the part of all the Directors. I am proud to be a member of such a good and diverse group of people. Tomorrow some of us will meet to continue the revisions of the Board policies. Being a Director is really a rewarding and enlightening experience and I am proud to be a part of it. It is an interesting business...

I made it to the office about 2:45 this afternoon, and I did some power-real-estate. It is the end of the month, and that is always a busy time. The beginning of the month is always busy as well, and the end and the beginning of the month should not be so close together. Those two events should be spaced out a little bit if you ask me!

I left the office shortly after 4 o'clock, and spent my drive time listening to my most recent book selection ('The Pillars of the Earth') and making and taking telephone calls. No texting today...

As I was driving down the road to the house, I could see the chickens outside the gate and in the bar ditch in front of the property. Every day those chickens get a little bit braver. CRAZY! Anyway, they are all well and happy, and we got two more eggs today. We got our first egg a week ago tomorrow, and so far we have 11 eggs. I hope to be able to show you a photo of our 'first dozen' tomorrow. I kind of thought I might retrieve three eggs today, but only two. Oh well, they are doing their best!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BO-BO, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment