Thursday, September 16, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Fifty Nine...

Thursday. One more day until Friday (or in my case Saturday) and then one day off (I hope) and then we start all over again. It is really not as bad as it sounds. I am just a little tired, and probably could eat better and get a little bit more (okay, change that to any) exercise. It is really not as bad as this sounds.

I slept later this morning than usual, and still made it into the office before (but not by much) 8 o'clock. Being Thursday, it was our Property Management meeting, and everything there went pretty well. Some properties have more issues than others, and some Landlords have more issues than others, and many Landlords have time on their hands and know more than we do, so that makes it interesting. Whatever...

Today was my Meals-On-Wheels day, and I had five clients on my route, and one of them was not home, so I found someone on the streets to give that meal to. The folks that I give the meals to from the street are really appreciative for the food, and it is something they need. My favorite client has a new care giver, and when I got there, she had locked herself out of the house. Not really sure how that happened, she said she just went out of the house and the door closed itself behind her. The client could not get the door unlocked, but finally after about ten minutes, shouting instructions to her from outside, we got the door unlocked. I told her if the care giver was being mean to her, just to tell her to go home, she did not have to lock her out of the house!

I went to a THANK YOU function after I left the office this afternoon, hosted by Pam and Susan, the respective chairs of Government Affairs and TREPAC (if you need the definition of that, jut let me know) at the Austin Board. Very nice, I had some boiled shrimp, some cheese, some grapes and I had to leave. I stayed for about an hour, but I needed to get home.

Traffic was not too terrible, and I got home reasonably well with no major challenges. All over Austin today I noticed the sages are blooming again. Usually that means that we will get rain. The sages at the front of our driveway are blooming as well, so that will be good if we get a little bit of rain. The ten inches of rain we got last week did not cause flooding here like the 13 inches of rain we got last fall, I am very happy about that. I had no trouble taking the tractor into the pastures yesterday so I could take a fresh bale of hay to the cattle, so I am very happy about that.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BOILED SWIMPS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment