Friday, September 24, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Sixty Seven...

Another day, another egg! Got home from work, fell asleep in my big blue chair watching the news with Jody, and when I regained consciousness, we both went outside to feed the chickens and check on the egg production. We walked out the front door and were greeted by a herd of chickens. We walked to the coop and were (somewhat) followed by the chickens. Jody held the food for me, and I went back to pick up the lone hold-out, one of the browns that likes to be carried around. ANYWAY, the chickens were pretty much ready to go into their pen, and that was gratifying. Once we secured them in the pen, we walked into the coop to check if there were any other eggs (I was not really expecting any more today) and there was one egg, in the same nesting box as the one yesterday. It will be interesting to see how long this lasts. I really think it is just one chicken laying right now, and we have six, so production should increase at least until cold weather sets in.

It was a pretty nice day at work today. It is really dark when I leave for the office, and it does not really get light until about 7:45. Traffic was not too bad this morning, and it is really not a big concern since I am enjoying the book I am listening to; 'The Girl Who Played with Fire' by Steig Larsson. I have 3-and-a-half more CD's to go on this book, and next up is 'The Pillars of the Earth' by Ken Follett. 32 CD's. OMG! What was I thinking? Whatever...

More clouds today, and Jody said it rained here a little bit. We have about .15 of an inch in the gauge. Very nice, not too much, just right. The pastures are all wonderfully green, and we should do well for the rest of this year. Now we can set our sights on next year, and hope we do as well. I showed some property (five houses) to a client this morning, and he was paying attention to the clouds as well. It is interesting to find other folks that find beauty in everyday things; I understand that clouds like we have been seeing are not 'everyday' but, on the other hand, it is also interesting to find someone who finds them interesting enough to look up.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MORE CLOUDS & EGGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment