Saturday, September 18, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Sixty One...

This is the other photo I took yesterday, and told you I would post today. I reported this to be a Lab Lab bean or a Hyacinth Bean plant, but I am not so sure about that anymore. I think the leaves of the plant look like a Hyacinth bean plant, but I am not sure about the bloom. It may well be just a native petunia or something like that, I am not sure. If you have any idea, let me know. Whatever it is, there are lots of them around the area this year.

This was a pretty nice day. I got up and read the paper and did my chores, and went into Austin to teach a TREC Ethics class at the Board. The class fees that the attendees paid all went to benefit TREPAC, so that was a good thing. The folks (four plus one no-show for a total of five paying souls) who attended the class said they really appreciated the Saturday class, and that they would even come to earlier classes if they were scheduled. Last month and this month are the first times we have ever tried classes outside normal Monday through Friday business hours. I think we should keep doing it at least ONCE PER MONTH for a minimum of TWELVE MONTHS so people will know there are weekend classes. I think it could be a great thing to do for the Board members and for TREPAC. I do not think you can judge the success of any new program until you give it a fair chance. Thank you. I will now step down from my soap box.

After the class, I had two appointments in my office, and then I headed home. I got home about 4:30, and sat down to read the new issue of Texas Monthly, and promptly fell asleep. I have two appointments tomorrow, so I got up and tried to get a little more prepared for those appointments, and then I went in to watch a little bit of news with Jody. After I saw about as much of the news as I could take, I went outside and fed the chickens. They really do like their big girl food (organic laying mash) but they also like me coming out there with scraps from the kitchen; usually cole slaw mix, too ripe tomatoes, figs and bread cubes. Even the chickens are spoiled out here.

After my appointments tomorrow, Jody and I are going on a tour of properties; I need to take signs and lock boxes off five properties that have recently leased. Weekends are the perfect time to do stuff like that. We will go from Round Rock to Manor to Central Austin and points in between. FUN!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TREPAC, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment