Thursday, August 2, 2012

2012 - Day 215/171 - Thursday...

Just another day in Paradise.  I took this photo while Chris and I were doing our Meals-On-Wheels deliveries.  I really do like these New Mexico Bird of Paradise plants.  We had nine clients on our route this afternoon, and it was good to be able to get out and visit with our clients.  As with everything, Meals-On-Wheels needs more volunteers, so if you are interested, let me know.

On a sad note, one of the middle aged girls was dead in the coop last night when I went out to put them to bed.  She was one of the Americanus girls that lays the blue eggs.  I will never understand how a chicken can seemingly be fine one minute and dead the next.  Honestly, she had to have gone into the coop under her own power and then just croaked.  I think the heat has something to do with it, but it stills shocks me.  Those girls are just about a year old now.  We still have three of the oldest girls, four of the middle aged girls and three of the newest girls, just over 50% of the chickens we have bought over the three years of chicken raising.  Seems like a pretty high mortality rate, but that is why you keep introducing more chickens every year.  I need to look around and see what is available out there.

Tomorrow is Friday, so if everything goes as planned, I will be doing my little happy dance.

Saturday morning, we are supposed to pull more honey, too.  Anybody wanna play sticky?

Stay tuned...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, DEAD GIRLS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment