Monday, August 20, 2012

2012 - Day 233/153 - Monday...

It has EASILY been four or more years since I had Kentucky Fried Chicken, BUT I remember the incident VERY WELL.  Some might say I have a graphic recollection of the event, as do some of the staff and my business partner.  Needless to say, something in it (the grease maybe) does not agree with my aging (badly) body, or at least some of the parts therein.  BUT, I have been having a hankering for fried chicken lately, and Jody called and suggested that I stop on the way home and pick some up.  I did, it is in the digestive stages right now (I had one piece but could not stop myself from eating the skin) and the jury is still out on this one. I will let you know.

BUT that also reminds me of a story about my first REAL job (not a paper route).  Fifteen years old, sophomore or junior in high school, part time job at KFC in Southgate, Michigan.  I was supposed to get off at 10 o'clock, my dad was waiting outside to pick me up.  He waited and waited.  He finally came in and asked the store manager why I was working so late.  The manager told him I was taking too long to mop the floor in the kitchen.  When my dad asked the manager to send me out, he told me what the manager told him.  I went back (skated back would be more appropriate) into the kitchen where the managers office was, and told the manager there was no way ANYONE could EVER spend TOO MUCH TIME mopping the floors in that place.

I was not invited back.  I had a smart mouth WAY before that, but that was the first time it ever cost me money.  That was the first time I got fired from a job, and every job after that I have been fired from.  However, every job I got fired from led to something better and better.  My next job was across the street from KFC at the new Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream shop.  No there is a story if you ever get me to tell you that one.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, KFC, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment