Tuesday, August 7, 2012

2012 - Day 220/166 - Tuesday...

I wish I was an artistic kind of guy.  I think I AM a CREATIVE kind of guy, I can come up with lots of ideas about how to do things and I can imagine actually putting a brush to a canvas, but the final product just does not seem to please me.  I think this particular piece of art is very interesting, and I like it.  If I were to try something like this, I do not think I would like it.  I do not understand why it should be so difficult to transfer from my noodle to a piece of canvas (or masonite or sheetrock or a plain rock).

I wish I could play the piano too.  I love the piano, and although I begged and whined and pouted as a kid, my parents would never cave and let me take piano.  How abnormal is it for a seven to twelve year old kid to BEG to take piano lessons?  Well, on the other hand, what is normal.  Don't answer that, I will use that in another post.  BUT NO, I got no piano lessons.  I ended up with clarinet, drums and then trombone lessons.    CONFESSION TIME:  I faked the whole thing.  I never was able to read music, but that did not seem to be all that important to the band teachers from third grade to my senior year in high school.  I (really) faked the whole thing.  I just needed to hear what I was supposed to play and after a time or two, I played it.  It took me about as long to learn a piece as it did the rest of the kids around me, and no one was any wiser.

I faked a lot of stuff in my years (and years) of academia.  BUT I was always somewhat interesting to be around.  Sort of like the mother confessor, and I knew how to keep secrets.

Still do.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SECRETS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment