Tuesday, August 28, 2012

2012 - Day 241/145 - Tuesday...

More sturdy stands the bowing reed than doth the mighty oak.

Interesting what you remember from High School.

These things are important.  If you raise chickens, you would be surprised how important egg cartons are, especially the dozen and half-dozen size cartons.  It seems like the 18-count cartons are most popular, but for the giving away of eggs, dozen and half-dozen cartons are good to have around.  Avis brought me these cartons last week when she and Harry came to the Wine Tasting, and of course I forgot them until I was on the way home.  Several telephone calls later I found someone that would rescue the cartons and save them for me, and I retrieved them this afternoon.  Do not sneeze at gift cartons.  I'm just sayin'...

Today was another furious day of activity.  I have not yet found the sweet spot for traffic.  I am STILL leaving a little bit too early, and I got to the office in about an hour this morning.  Sooner or later I will figure out where my window of opportunity is, but so far I am still guessing.

I did some power real estate this morning, and attended a webinar (in the comfort of my office) about the upcoming legislative session.  Then it was on to the Board where I attended a meeting that went longer than anticipated, but it was a very good meeting and there was a lot of good discussion involved.  It is very interesting that there are so many of my colleagues who are devoted, caring and passionate about what they do.  It makes me proud to know and be associated with them.

I got home tonight and the property was buzzing (get it?) with activity up by the bee yard.  The guys we found to take out many of the dead trees (from last years drought) that are also bee-keepers were working to get the rest of the trees down and moved to the burn pile.  That is gonna be some burn when it finally happens.  If I was an Aggie, I think it could probably qualify as a real-life bon-fire.

Tomorrow will be a LONG day, a pretty structured day.  I should get into the office about 3 o'clock in the afternoon, at least that is the plan.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CARTONS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment