Monday, August 27, 2012

2012 - Day 240/146 - Monday...

Even though today was the first day of school for many of the local districts, I really could not tell too much (if any) difference in the traffic this morning.  I did leave a few minutes earlier than usual, but I don't think that was it.  I think a lot of people just were not prepared for the first day of school, so many of them got off to a late start.  I am trying to prepare myself for tomorrow, however!

It was  relatively calm day.  I got into the office about 7:30 and did some power real estate until about 9 o'clock.  I had a ten minute meeting at the Board (it only took an hour-and-a-half for a ten minute meeting), and I was back at my desk at 10:30.  That is one of the reasons that I am an advocate of tele-meetings or something like that.  The commute time is a killer.

Once back in the office, I went and walked a few properties with Chris, and then it was back to the office.  I had a three o'clock appointment, and then I headed home.

There have been a few hints that we might get some late afternoon showers, and there is still the possibility that we will get some rain as a result of the storm out in the Gulf.  We would like the rain, but we do not want anyone to be hurt or suffer any loss of property.  Still a storm, not a hurricane.  AND, it keeps tracking a little further to the west, so you never know.  BUT, there was an opportunity to see some nice clouds on the way home.  That is another good thing about living in the country; there is nothing to get in the way between you and the horizon, and quite often the horizon is very beautiful.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MORE CLOUDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment