Wednesday, August 15, 2012

2012 - Day 228/158 - Wednesday...

Is it just me or should today be Thursday?  Just me huh?  Well, I was just trying to help you all out.  Sue me!

If you want to see me get all perky, just ask me about TREPAC!  Yep, I loves me some TREPAC!  Go ahead, try me...

So far, so good.  I am a little bit paranoid about weed killers and bug killers, what with the chickens and the bees and all the stuff there is around here.  Last night we had a pest control company come out, and sprayed inside and outside to try and rid us of various pests.  I am not a big believer in just spraying and killing everything in sight.  I am even forgiving of the bad pests, as long as they leave me alone (see the entry about the snake that pushed me over the edge).  BUT, so far, no great demise of honey makers, and the chickens all seem to be doing okay.  The bug man is supposed to be back EARLY in the morning to spray a herbicide on the granite paths, so the chickens will stay cooped-up (get it) for an extra couple hours tomorrow.  Too bad for them, but...

Jody brought us home a New Mexico Bird of Paradise this afternoon.  I really am enamored of this particular plant, it flowers beautifully and I think they are pretty drought resistant.  SO, I think that will be planted this weekend.  You can tell I took the photo because you can see my Pink Fake Croc at the bottom of the photo.

We also have a guy working in the grazing pastures and the hay pastures, trying to get them in a little better shape.  Trying to get that all done before the weekend, they are predicting an inch or two of rain between now and Monday.  That would be great.

Folks who live and work out here really work hard.  When there is work to be done, it HAS to be done right now.  Pauline and Hubert have been out cutting, raking and baling from sun-up to whenever.  I can see Hubert (I am pretty sure it is Hubert) across the road right now baling the sorghum stalks.  Pauline loves to cut and rake, Hubert likes to bale.  I can guarantee you there is ALWAYS something to do out here.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WORK, WORK, WORK, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment