Tuesday, March 12, 2013

2013 - Day 71/294 - Tuesday...

The most exciting thing that happened today was discovering that there was a leak at one of the troughs in the closest pasture.  We lost about 5,000 gallons of water by my calculations, just another reason for my continued OCD.  Check all those meters on a daily basis!

All the chicks are doing well, the only one I am really worried about is the smallest white one in this photo, sort of at the ten o'clock position.  She (so far I assume they are all she's) is the smallest one, and she has not been that frisky, plus she has some poop stuck on her butt that I cannot get off, and a poopy butt on a baby chick is not a good sign.  BUT (not butt) she has made it this far, so everyday she makes it is a good thing.  In this trough there are eleven chicks ranging in age from about a week to ten days. In another pen we have four more chicks that are about three to four weeks old now.  It will not be a cool tonight as it has been, and I am hoping to move them all back outside by the end of the weekend.  We shall see...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WATER LOSS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment