Friday, March 29, 2013

2013 - Day 88/277 - Friday (Good Friday)

I am reading a really good book called The Shoemaker's Wife (thanks Karla) and it is about Italian immigrants to the United States in the early twentieth century.  Lots to do about being Catholic, and it is kind of fitting to be immersed about Catholicism with the new Pope and all.  SO, these days, if anyone asks me anything about a religious topic, I just reply 'No, I'm not Catholic'.  Seems to be a good response to almost any question I get these days.  I was in a bakery today, getting Jody and me a cinnamon roll for breakfast in the morning, and one of the guys was surprised that I was working today.  I replied 'I'm working today, I'm not Catholic' and that was the end of that.  You should try it.  I think it will probably work for anything, even if the questions are not about religion.

Traffic was very relaxed this morning, and just a few blocks away from the office I passed a house that had done an excellent job of cultivating their bluebonnets and poppies.  Very nice, I hope you enjoy the photo.

Work was also pretty relaxed, I got some work done and then went about catching up on some things I had been avoiding (not all of it, just some of it), and then went off to preview homes in Cedar Park.  Before heading home for the day, I also got some more errands accomplished, so that was good.

Tomorrow I will try a 24 to 25 mile bike ride, and keep trying to work my way up to the 50 miles I have committed myself to on the 27th of April.  It will be fine, no worries.  Whatever...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BLUEBONNETS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment