Saturday, March 9, 2013

2013 - Day68/297 - Saturday...

Even though I was totally prepared for sleeping in this morning, it did not happen.  The dog keeps finding a skunk spot somewhere and rolls in it and them comes into the house and smells like skunk.  I have looked everywhere I can think of, and cannot find what he is rolling in or where it is.  I don't think he is actually getting sprayed by a skunk, because I think that would be a much worse smell, I just think he finds some stinky spot and rolls in it.  It will wake you up in the morning, though!

Jody and I were taking the boy dog for his ride and we saw Randy and Deidre (his daughter) out in their pasture.  Their newest calf was running towards them, and it looked like Randy had a bottle to feed the calf.  After we got home, I logged onto the Internet, and Irene had posted this picture.  Jody and I were then heading into Austin (I needed to preview a house for a Buyer Client) and they were all out in the yard.  I couldn't resist stopping to see why they had the calf in the back of Deidre's car...it seems that it had some sort of a sty or something on it, and they had to take it to the vet, so they might as well take it in the car.  They said they watch Jody take the boy dog for a ride everyday so there is nothing wrong with taking the calf for a ride.  AND, the mama cow only has half-a-bag, so Randy has been bottle feeding it.  Interesting things go on out on the edge of nowhere.

On the way back from Austin, I stopped at the outlet mall and exchanged the shoes; not a bit of problem, it took less than ten minutes.  Then we stopped in Georgetown to drop some mail off at the post office and then to Chick-Fil-A for a chicken salad.  After that, we stopped at the Georgetown Feed Store and I bought four Crested Polish chicks.  So now we have four new Silver Laced Wyandotte chicks (see photo) and four Crested Polish.  I expect I will pick up six or eight more chicks at the end of next week and that should be it for this season.  The Wyandotte's are much bigger than the Crested's so I have them separated.  We are supposed to have some storms tonight so I am keeping all of them in the garage for now  Hopefully by the middle of next week I can put the Wyandotte's outside.  Tomorrow I will upload a photo of the Crested's.

Since it is supposed to storm, I fed cattle this morning and took them a fresh bale of hay.  If it does rain, it will be too wet to take hay to them, and I don't want to tear up the turf in the pastures.  We shall see.  I can take another bale out to them later this week, since I should be getting home while it is still daylight.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MORE CHICKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment