Monday, March 18, 2013

2013 - Day 77/288 - Monday...

With appropriate nods to FULL DISCLOSURE and TRANSPARENCY, I would like to say right now that NO COWS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS JOURNAL ENTRY.  I thought about it, but no cow came to any harm.

I taught a full day of class today at the Austin Board, and just before I left to come home, I had received a call from Jody, and the message went into my voice mail.  AND I have Google Voice which transcribes voice mail messages into text.  SO, the jist of the conversation was that all the cattle had gotten loose and the front gate at the house was closed, so don't come barrel-assing into the driveway, because I would crash into the gate.  I made it home, and it was actually easier to get all the cattle back into their pastures than I was expecting.  It is not something that I want to do on a regular basis, but I got it done in about thirty minutes with Jody's help, and all ended well.  Not a LOT of damage around the house, at least none of the cattle thought the pool cover was solid ground, so none of them went for a dip in the pool.  That would have been a real mess.

So I am now going straight to the photo of the Iris that I took this evening, and hope you all enjoy it.  This is one of the lovely parchment colored Iris, and I think these are really pretty.

I have another day of teaching (guiding) tomorrow, and tomorrow night I will be staying late for the Annual TREPAC Chili Cook-Off.  If you want to taste some really good Chili, come on down, you can be my guest.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, LOOSE LIVESTOCK (my favorite kind), Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment