Saturday, March 23, 2013

2013 - Day 82/283 - Saturday...

Even though it is Saturday, I did not sleep in this morning.  I got up about 5:30 (I think) and get things ready for a bike ride.  I did have a chance to read the paper and to make Jody and me a pile of eggs, but I have to get some training rides in before the bike ride on April 27th.  I signed up to do 100 miles (that was in December) and I have thought better of that, and now I am down to considering a 50 mile ride.  I did 17 miles today, I could have probably gone further (I know I could have) but there was no need to kill myself.  I met up with my friend Steve, and he is a really strong rider, but he was very kind to wait for me.  I have always been more like the tortoise and not so much like the hare...slow and steady.  BUT, I will be fine, and the ride is for a really good cause.  AND, I am raising funds if anyone is interested...

On the way home from the ride, I stopped by a new home development to preview some homes for a client, and we shall see how that goes.

When I got home, Jody and I went into Georgetown for lunch, and went by a nursery looking for some Texas native trees to plant.  All they had were some Texas Native Redbuds, and they were $150 a piece, and that was more than I was expecting.  I expect I will be able to find some smaller ones before the season is over.

There is a cold front supposed to come in tonight, and the high temperature for tomorrow is going to squeak up to 50 if we are lucky.  They are forecasting a couple nights next week in the 30's.  All the new girls will do just fine, the very smallest of them still have a heat lamp on them, so everyone will be just fine.  I will throw a little more hay in the coop for them.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RIDING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment