Tuesday, October 8, 2013

2013 - Day 281/84 - Tuesday...

It seems I spend an inordinate amount of time at the various local (and national) pet emporiums these days, looking for over-the-counter cures for one thing or another that ails the Boy Dog.  Today I was interested in checking out dog shoes, hoping to find something that would give the Boy Dog some traction when he has ambulatory issues.  We think he can walk adequately (most of the time) but sometimes he has challenges becoming upright because of the laminate flooring that is in most of the house.  You would think he would learn (maybe you really can't teach an old dog a new trick) that it works much better if he collapses on a rug as opposed to the hard surface flooring.  But I digress... 

I went to a big box pet emporium in Georgetown on my way home tonight, and asked where I might find dog shoes.  The response was that they have dog shoes in two different areas of the store, depending on if I were interested in 'fashion' dog shoes or 'utilitarian' dog shoes.  My immediate response was that it seemed like both varieties of dog shoes should be in the same section of the store.  I am really not going to dwell on this, but I can only conjecture that if you are looking for a fashionable dog shoe you might not want to be bothered that a dog might actually need a style of shoe for a therapeutic reason.  DOWNER.

BUT, I also do not believe that the dog sunglasses should be relegated to share rack space with therapeutic and/or utilitarian dog shoes.  In my opinion, dog goggles and/or dog sunglasses deserve to be located with the dog shoes for fashionable dogs and their owners.  Dogs and/or their owners with delicate sensibilities should not be subjected to the medical concerns of utilitarian dog shoes.  I will be voicing my opinions to the editors of the local news medias as soon as I successfully publish this journal entry.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CANINE FASHION FIRST, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment