Sunday, October 20, 2013

2013 - Day 293/72 - Sunday...

This gave is suicidal.  A couple months ago, I saved its' life, and it is trying to commit suicide all over again.  This thing bloomed back in the spring, and the bloom eventually got to about thirty feet high.  I do not know if this is true (it could be an urban legend) but I think that Agave's croak after they bloom.  BUT, because of the high winds we were having, and the fact that this plant was listing at about a 45 degree angle, I cut off the bloom one day and hoped that would keep it from dieing.  Is that how you spell dieing?  Anyway...so far, the plant has survived, but it is putting up NOT ONE BUT TWO new bloom stalks.  I guess it just has a death wish.

Just in case you were wondering, fire ant mounds have no logical order in nature.  One of the things I wanted to do today was to cut SOME (not all) of the grass towards the road.  Having said that, I do take great joy in running over fire ant mounds with the riding mower.  BUT, every time I decided I had cut enough grass for the day, there was another mound, which meant I cut a little more grass.  I ended up cutting more grass than I had intended to, but I did spread fore ants over a couple acres, and probably none of them perished.

I did get the chicken coop cleaned out, got the cattle fed, got the electric fence repaired and a couple other things done before I finally succumbed to a nap.  Jody and I went into Georgetown for dinner tonight at SouperSalad.  It has been a long time since we have eaten there, and it was pretty good.

This is going to be a LONG week, lots of stuff to get done.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SUICIDE IN NATURE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment