Monday, October 14, 2013

2013 - Day 287/78 - Monday...

Did you see us on the news tonight?  They showed videos of the flooding in Austin.  ACL cancelled, houses floating down a creek.  700 chickens being rescued.  Just another day in Texas.

Getting down the Interstate was much easier than getting up it this afternoon.  It pretty much rained off and on all day today, there was another 0.55" of rain recorded on the edge of nowhere (which is further than the middle of nowhere).  I would say there was about that much in Austin as well.  Traffic this afternoon was plagued with wrecks of all sorts, but there is no avoiding it.  I left the office3 today at about 3:15 and it took until almost five o'clock for me to get home.

Packing for my trip later, should not be too bad.  Tomorrow I will be bringing you updates to this journal from LaJolla.  Don't worry, I will not be having any fun.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MORE RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment