Sunday, October 13, 2013

2013 - Day 286/79 - Sunday...

Even though I got off to a late start, I got everything done today that needed to be done today.

I did not stay in bed very late, although the emergency weather radio went off twice during the night.  I got up long enough to hear that we were not in the affected areas, and went back to bed.  The dog was up and down because of the lightning and thunder, and Jody got up to try and calm him.  I don't think it worked, and they both eventually got back into their beds.

We got 0.80" of rain overnight, and places in Austin recorded over 12' of rain last night.  The last day of the ACL Festival was cancelled, some low water crossings are still flooded.  I wish we had received all of that rain over the lakes, but we did not.  I think there might have been a couple inches over the lake, and I have not seen how much the lakes up because of it.  Not enough, that is for sure.

It was still raining a little bit when I got up, and I was sitting in the office after having let the girls loose, and several of them were amped out on the front porch.  I eventually got the cattle fed, got the chicken coop cleaned out, and cleaned off the porch.  I also feel very smug about having polished my shoes in anticipation of my trip this week.  I am not a big fan of polishing my shoes, but I am a big fan of having my shoes shined at airports or where ever I can find a shoe shine stand.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, STILL RAINING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment