Thursday, October 31, 2013

2013 - Day 304/61 - Friday...

Holy Crap, Batman!  We did get a little bit of rain overnight.  The reading in the gauge this morning was 5.51" overnight.  According to my OCD self, that makes 9.39" for the month.  We also got 274 eggs in October (22.84 dozen).  If you are really interested, I can also tell you how much electricity we used (both front meter and back meter), how much water we consumed (that would include consumption by chickens and cattle (3,680 gallons).  I count things, and keep track of things.  It's a curse, let's just leave it at that.

Back to the rain.  This is a picture taken this afternoon of one of the stock tanks in the back pastures.  This is our new tank, we had it dug about three years ago when the drought was beginning.  You get your tanks dug when there is a drought, because you know that a drought is always followed by a flood, you just do not know how long it will be before the flood.  ANYWAY, this tank has NEVER had this much water in it.  I could see the water in both our tanks and the neighbors tanks from the road.  That is a MIRACLE!  Honest, a miracle!

How was your Hollowe'en?  I got to wear my Silence of the Lambs mask for a little while, but I was making the children cry so I took it off.  They were throwing their plastic pumpkins full of candy at me and running away, so maybe I should have kept it on for a little while longer, but I am really not that excited about candy corn.

It turned out to be a beautiful day here, and we have several windows open.  It is supposed to cool down nicely tonight, so that will make for good sleeping weather.  Tomorrow is Friday, and I will have a pretty busy day.  Need to go by about three or four properties, and then it is on to the weekend.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WATER, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment