Saturday, October 12, 2013

2013 - Day 285/80 - Saturday...

I accomplished a personal best today; I stayed in bed until 8 o'clock this morning. Of course I slept on the couch fro about 10:30 last night until 5:30 this morning.  Sometimes I just toss and turn, and I will go crash on the couch or in the big blue chair.  Sleeping on the couch means I hear the clocks chiming pretty regularly, so at least I know how long I have been awake.

I also broke my own rules today and actually did a little bit of work around the house.  I cut 'at' some grass in the front of the house, between the house and the front barn.  Mostly trimmed up the tall weeds in the bamboo patch, but it looks like someone actually lives here now, not so much like an abandoned house.

I did a lot of napping, too.  And I went to get some cattle feed and got it all piled up in the feed shed.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a day of more chore accomplishments, I have a list.  We have had several traces of rain today, and at last look we had received 0.06" of rain.  If we are going to get as much rain as the prognosticators are claiming (up to 2.5" in the next few days) it had better hurry up.  The sage are not blooming, so I do not know what to believe.

When I went out to read my meters this evening, this old frog was perched on top of the water meter.  I see this guy in the meter well every now and then, I guess he (or maybe she) has another way in and out of the well, because the cut-out in the top of the meter housing is not big enough for entrance or egress.  But I digress...

The high today in San Diego was 68 degrees and from what I can see, the highest temperature for next week is forecast to be 81 degrees.  Not much variance between the highs and the lows, maybe ten or fifteen degrees.

Deeds, Changes, Actions, FROGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment