Sunday, October 27, 2013

2013 - Day 300/65 - Sunday...

Really, just a little over two months to go and we will be in a whole New Year?  Crazy!

We were up for a good portion of the night with an overly concerned dog.  He is not good with thunder and lightning.  It was not seemingly that bad, but the power did flash off for about a second or two, just enough to send all the digital time pieces into flash mode, along with the DirecTV boxes.  Comforting the dog, speaking kindly to him, taking my pillow into the closet and laying in the floor with the door closed (so he could not see the lightning flashes) did not seem to work.  Eventually he calmed down and by that time I was pretty well wide awake.  I spent the rest of the night in the big blue chair.  AND, we got 0.62" of rain out of it!

We were able to get a couple things done today that had originally been scheduled for yesterday.  We went into Georgetown about 10 o'clock this morning and got the truck inspected.  I do not like putting it off to the last day.  I had also intended to get my driver's license renewed.  I cannot do it electronically this year, I have to show up in person, I expect they want to make sure I am still breathing.  PLUS I need to vote, and I can hopefully get that done before the end of this coming week.  I will be out of town on the actual voting day.

The cooler weather and the moisture are really working miracles with the morning glories.  I do not think they have ever grown this beautifully.  And the blooms (generally only the blue ones) stay all day long and into the evening.  The pink and red blooms fade pretty much as you would expect.

This week will be a fast and furious one.  Tomorrow will be a full day in the office, a couple appointments on Tuesday, a couple on Wednesday, four on Thursday and another office day on Friday, all subject to change.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GLORIES, Kindnesses, Wh
irled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment