Saturday, December 21, 2013

2013 - Day 355/10 - Saturday...

Overnight we got 0.47" of rain, and through the day we got another 0.41', so that is pretty good for us!  It is interesting to me that I can (usually) sleep through lightning, thunder and rain (like I did last night), but the sound of a cat projectile vomiting at 100 feet will get me out of bed in no time.  Lucky me!

I am posting this photo because it is the cheapest gasoline we have found lately...HEB in Taylor.  Seen any less expensive near here?  A couple miles north it was $3.09.

I understand this is a totally irrational and illogical fear, but I fully expect to be riddled with several different maladies (perhaps the beginning of a new plague) not later than Christmas Eve.  And in keeping with the spirit of the season, I expect the plethora of illnesses will be of biblical proportions.  Jody and I went into Taylor this morning and I got a flu shot and a Shingles vaccination.  I have had the flu before, and I have had shingles before.  If I had to choose one over the other, I would go with the flu without even having to think about it.  When I had shingles and recovered from it, my doctor said that, having had it I had most likely developed an immunity to it, kind of like you never have the same type of flu twice.  So at the time, he recommended that I did not need to be inoculated for Shingles.  A couple years later, he changed his opinion and recommended that I take the vaccine.  I put it off and put it off, but about a week ago a good friend of mine came down with a case of the Shingles, and I decided I would rather go ahead and get the vaccine rather than chance it.

If you never had it, you cannot imagine the pain.  Believe me.  The air hurts!

When we got back from Taylor, it was nap time all around.  Once we were conscious again, we made an unsuccessful trip to do some Christmas shopping, and gave up after one store and stopped at Schlotzsky's for lunch instead.  Then we came home and I took another nap.

I expect locusts and pestilence just any minute.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, INOCULATIONS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment