Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 - Day 364/1 - Monday...

Okay, we are almost through with this year, but that did not stop the sunset from being extra glorious this evening.  I was busy trying to change light bulbs in a lamp that Jody uses to read (I think it is probably the lamp switch that needs to be replaced) and Jody wanted me to take a picture of the sunset for the blog.  He always knows best!

It was not a bad commute into work this morning, and it was pretty quiet all things considered.  I did manage to get a lot of work accomplished, and I am pretty much on the downhill side of getting everything ready for the New Year.  I am looking very forward to working a half-day tomorrow, and then being off on Wednesday.  I could get used to a four (or three day) work week, that is for sure.  Maybe there is something to that Retirement gig after all.

SO...even though we had a nice sunset this evening, I was just reminded that we are slaves to technology.  I had actually finished this entry and was uploading the photo, and the system went down.  I called the provider, and it was back up in about twenty minutes.

We are slaves to modernity, and I do not know what we would do if something REALLY bad happened.

Oh, and by the way, just in case you were wondering, I will not be waxing philosophically tomorrow.  Just giving you a heads-up!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SUNSETS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment