Tuesday, December 24, 2013

2013 - Day 358/7 - Tuesday...

Okay, I am waking again.  Okay, really I am gimping along, but I have been able to forgo crutches and canes for stumbling and gimping.  It is hard to believe that yesterday morning I was in the Emergency Room, but I am here to tell you, when you cannot walk you life changes.  Crutches are okay, but you cannot carry stuff while keeping a firm grip on a crutch.  Life a coffee mug.  Or a brief case.  Suddenly you are looking for wheeled transportation.  And who put all those rugs there, I am trying to roll through here.  I may have been non-ambulatory, but I did figure out a way to carry some things around with me, but not coffee.  It worked for newspapers and magazines and prescription bottles, but not coffee.  I have even been able to cross my leg today, which is a big improvement.  I am going to try sleeping in the bed tonight, but I am NOT CONVINCED that I will be able to lay flat on my back with no discomfort.  I may need ONE MORE NIGHT in the big blue chair.  I will fill you all in on that tomorrow.

We are winding down to the beginning of (yet) another new year.  Seven more days of this year.  I have been maintaining this journal for almost five full years, and I have not missed a single day, and only been late on a couple of occasions.  I did renew my domain name, but it is interesting that I am contemplating stopping the journal.  It is a pretty big commitment, and for all the (tens of) followers out there, I think some days are more amusing than others.  I will most likely keep it going, but I wonder if I have another five years in me for this.  I know other folks that have ended their journals, and I hated to see them stop posting, but I can totally understand the hows and whys of stopping.

Sigh...

I even managed to do a little bit of last minute (actually it was first AND last minute) shopping this afternoon.  Not being able to walk yesterday certainly put a cramp in what had been planned for that day.  BUT, tomorrow will be the best day ever, just as yesterday and today were.

Thanks for meeting me in the parking lot with the pies Kerry!

Now everybody, go get a good nights sleep!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, THOUGHTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment