Sunday, February 16, 2014

2014 - Day 47/318 - Sunday...

Just when you thought it safe to come back to the blog, here I go with more sock photos.  Well, there is a good reason that I am showing these socks today (when I mainly wore white work socks all day)  You see, late this afternoon, Jody and I went into Bartlett to congratulate Hubert and Pauline on SIXTY years of marriage.  And that required taking a shower and putting on socks.  I did not say clean socks, because these are the socks I started the day off with on Valentine's Day, but you know that I found those 8 year old girls socks and I just had to have them, even if they did cut off the circulation to my lower extremities and caused me to have two toes amputated.  Whatever...get over it.

I was able to get a lot more stuff accomplished today.  I got the cattle fed and put out TWO bales of hay for them.  Randy and Irene gave us six bales of hay, so I was feeling extra generous with the cattle today.  I got the stove cleaned out and glued the fiber door gasket back in, so we are ready if we have another cold spell.  The chicken coop also got cleaned out, so the chickens are pretty happy.  Later on tonight I am going to do a head-count of chickens.  I found a big pile of feathers out in the back pasture, so something got something, but the feathers do not look chicken-like, they look more dove-like.  Anyway, I did take a head-count last week and everyone was accounted for, so I will do it again tonight just to see what the situation is.

This is what a pipe leak out in the pasture looks like.  This particular leak cost us between 750 and a thousand gallons of water every day, and there was nothing I could do about it until today.  Miguel came out and he got most of it done alone while I was doing other stuff.  I did help him a little bit towards the end.  I will be happy to check meters tomorrow to make sure we are pretty much back to our normal usage of about 50 gallons of water a day.

The coming week should be pretty calm, if there is such a thing as that anymore.  Three luncheons to attend, a evening function and a late afternoon function and at least a couple appointments worked in.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, LEAKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment